2019 Commercial Indoors Aquaponics Training In Cincinnati!
Having trouble with the weather while trying to grow outdoors, or are you growing in a greenhouse and don’t get enough sunlight in the winter? Grow indoors instead! With the right combination of factors, including the right technology (we think that’s ours), it becomes possible to make a good profit growing in an indoors aquaponic system.
Our first ever 5-day long 2019 Cincinnati INDOORS aquaponics training WITH hands-on sessions on an operating 1,200-square-foot INDOORS aquaponic system in a warehouse, is from February 18th to February 22nd, 2019, and will be at Casey Miller’s Greener Portions indoors aquaponics farm in Cincinnati, Ohio, located at 3420 Glenmore Ave. Cheviot, OH 45211.
We’re proud to associate with Casey for this indoors aquaponics training in the Cincinnati area. If you have any questions about the location, or about this training, you can call Tim at 808-640-1981. You’ll get to ask Casey questions during the course, but right now, he’s occupied building the second 1,200 square feet of trough area for his operation, and is too busy to answer phone calls.
You can sign up for just the first three days of this course for only $995, and add either the Greenhouse Day, and/or the Indoors Aquaponics Day for $500 each. If you bring a second person, they get a 50% discount on these prices!
(Below) Showing Casey Miller’s FIRST Greener Portions aquaponic operation in a strip mall in Cincinnati in June of 2016; sunny, bright, and cool inside (at least the plants think so). It was hot and sweaty in the parking lot outside! (This is not the installation that the training will occur in; see next photo).
(Below) Showing Casey Miller’s CURRENT Greener Portions “processing area” where he can legally wash, cut, and package his USDA Organically Certified greens products. How to do “value-added” processing of your vegetables is one of the major presentations during your course
The Training Days:
Days 1-3; Commercial Aquaponics Technology:
The first 3 days of this training is our profitable Commercial Aquaponics Technology: everything we’ve learned about growing fish and plants efficiently and profitably on a commercial scale since 2007; and it’s only $995. Click here to find out more about the first 3 days of the training.
We call the third day of our training “The Money Day”, because we cover everything we know about making a profit with commercial aquaponics, from selling at Farmer’s Markets to selling to Big Box stores. We’ve seen a lot of aquaponics businesses fail because of business-related factors, not because they couldn’t grow vegetables and fish. If you’re an experienced business person, you may feel you don’t need this. Still, we bet we can show you a thing or two you’ve never thought of before!
On our “Money Day”, we cover all the following subjects so you understand them clearly:
- How to get your system USDA Organically Certified for higher vegetable prices. We were the first in the world to get certified in 2008; since then, over 35 of our students obtained this valuable certification
- How to select a farm that CAN get organically certified, and how to AVOID buying a farm that can’t ever get certified. Doing this part of the course before you “buy the farm” avoids expensive mistakes!
- How to get your system Food Safety Certified, which includes Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Good Agricultural Practices (GAP), templates, forms, and all the standard paperwork we use on our farm.
- Two sample business plans, one of which landed us a $100,000 business loan.
- Something no one else offers: our “Single Crop With Outdoors growing” and “Multi-Crop With Outdoors Growing” crop projection spreadsheets (plus 4 more that are more sophisticated). Enter the numbers in from your location, and you can see if what you want to grow is likely to make you a profit or give you a headache!
- Processing requirements for fish and how to sell fish.
- The various methods of marketing: CSA’s, Farmigo, to retailers, to wholesalers, through your farm store.
- How to build awareness of you and your products through farm tours of your farm.
- National Resource Conservation Service (NRCS) cost-sharing grants that pay for 75% to 100% of the cost of improvements to your farm.
- How to get your produce into a Big Box store (if you’re funded for it!). No one else has done this.
Day 4; Solar Greenhouse Growing Technology:
The fourth day of the training is the Solar Greenhouse day, and covers everything we know about growing with aquaponics in affordable, energy-efficient greenhouses that you can build yourself.
If you know all about greenhouses, you may not need this day; however, adding this Solar Greenhouse day to the training is only $500 additional. We bet you’ll experience many times this amount in savings on the cost of building and operating your greenhouse, from what you learn in this course. Signing up for the greenhouse day also includes unlimited lifetime technical support for your greenhouse questions. Click here to find out more about the Solar Greenhouse day of the training.
(Below) Casey’s Lollo Bionda lettuce (AKA “green coral lettuce”) with Arugula (the spiky stuff) in the lower right hand corner. Come to this special training and see some of the 145 varieties of vegetables we have successfully grown in aquaponics!
Day Five: INDOORS Aquaponics Training
While others in this business do their best to sell you expensive, energy-sucking lights and other fancy hardware during their indoors aquaponics trainings, we’re the ONLY aquaponics trainers who devote an entire DAY to teaching you how to build and operate your own indoors aquaponics systems from standard off-the-shelf equipment and materials, and HONESTLY address all the considerations you’ll face when doing so. You see, we don’t sell hardware; this leaves us free to be completely objective and honest about what works and what doesn’t for indoors growing.
As part of this day, we also include CAD Drawings for our Verticalis vertical growing technology; the first time we’ve ever offered this to the general public.
We demystify all of the following in your training so you understand everything clearly:
- What is the efficiency of the various kinds of lights you can use in your indoors aquaponic farm, and how light efficiency affects the bottom line of your business, along with calculations that will help you figure this out yourself without hiring expensive “consultants”.
- How to select the most efficient lights.
- Why the most efficient lights are NOT just “one of the options”, but absolutely necessary!
- How ALL lights create “waste heat”, and how to get rid of it so your farm doesn’t overheat.
- How to understand the relationship between your lights and your air conditioning.
- How to figure out how much air conditioning you will need, and how much it will cost you.
- How to figure out how much electricity your installation will use.
- How to understand utility company billing practices, and select the best time of day to run your lights.
- How to get your indoors farm USDA Organically Certified.
- And many, many more details about the ins and outs of indoors growing.
If you want to absolutely reserve your spot in the next Cincinnati aquaponics training, you can sign up NOW, and even receive all your manuals and other course materials before the course so you can get started right away (for an additional charge).
“I did a lot of research on the other people offering aquaponics trainings nationwide. Funny thing is, a lot of them went to your training, whether they admit it or not. I figured I would rather go to the source, especially since you guys were able to get organically certified. I have also been after the business plan which ya’ll provide, which saved me a ton of work.
I also like the whole approach you guys take. Not afraid of competition so to speak, what with allowing your students to train using your materials and offer your competitors websites. Although I had already been to all of those sites, it says a lot about your integrity and faith in your product. It’s admirable and I noticed.” — Shawn Marasso, Ector, Texas, April 12, 2014, who attended our Texas Training, May, 2014.
(Below) Casey Miller and some of his produce. You can see both Verticalis-type systems and raft systems in this photo. Notice the pinkish glow from the LED lights in the lower middle of the photo; Casey has done extensive development of LEDs with a partner who is an LED designer and manufacturer. We will have samples of these lights at the training also.
(Below) Some different vegetables and types of LEDs are visible in this photo; even though some of the LEDs look “white” to the human eye and camera, they are actually putting out the red and blue wavelengths of light that the plants thrive on best.
This five-day training includes our $995 DIY Commercial Aquaponics package, $998 DIY Farmer’s Market Aquaponic Solar Greenhouse package, and new $295 DIY Commercial Tilapia Hatchery manual as course materials, plus much more! You receive $2,288 worth of DIY manuals as well as the live course, hands-on experience, and free ongoing support, which no one else in the field provides!
Held from Monday through Friday, this course is designed to allow you to get the most out of the course and not need to be away from your busy life longer than necessary. With its emphasis on profitable commercial aquaponics in energy-efficient greenhouses, is unlike any other aquaponics training available.
You receive our 122-page “Micro System” manual as a free download the moment you register for the course; this allows you to prestudy before the course so you arrive with a higher level of understanding and get more out of the course itself.
We are limiting this training to 50 persons, so that everyone will get a chance to have all their questions about aquaponics, greenhouses, and making a career with them answered; so sign up early if you want to come!
As soon as you register for this course, you will receive maps and accommodations information.
And if you’re growing in the mountains somewhere in the “Snow Country”, you can use our Chinese greenhouse designs such as this one: Randy Campbell’s 200-square foot “Gen 2” Micro Aquaponic Solar Greenhouse (of our design), which is shown in the snow in Tennessee, Winter 2012-13. Outside air was 24 degrees (plus some wind chill), air temp inside was 74 degrees, water temp 72. I turned into an icicle because I was the only one stupid enough to be outside standing in freezing sleet taking this photo (I grew up in California, and never knew what that word meant before this!)
Our Aquaponic Solar Greenhouse in Hawaii! We don’t need this much greenhouse in our climate, but needed to build and operate it to understand the technology, so we could help our mainland Friends who DO need greenhouses!
Our refund policy for our live trainings and all our DIY packages is on this webpage: (http://www.friendlyaquaponics.com/refund-policy/). Please read it, and if you do not agree with it, please do not purchase from us!
Acts Of God During Live Training Events:
In the event of an act of God during a live training that makes it impossible for participants to get to the training location (flood, hurricane, snowstorm, impassable roads, etc.), Friendly Aquaponics, Inc. personnel (Susanne Friend, Tim Mann, and affiliates) will still present all days possible of the live training. Your “Act Of God” options are:
1. To attend the days of the live training that are presented and receive the manuals, digital materials and unlimited technical support that are included in the live training, or
2. Have us ship you the printed training materials and the downloaded electronic files that are part of the training instead of attending the training. If you elect this, you will not receive any credit towards future trainings. These DIY materials cost the same as the trainings they are part of (or more!), and still come with unlimited support.
3. Elect to receive a credit towards any future trainings we may hold, in the amount of whatever you paid us, to be applied to whatever the cost is of the future training you elect to attend.