This combined package includes our Commercial Aquaponics DIY package Plus Our Commercial Solar Greenhouse Package!
The Friendly Commercial Aquaponic Greenhouse grows 11.85 times as many plants as our competitor’s aquaponics system designs per square foot of greenhouse floor area, at one-seventh the cost per plant space! Why is this a big deal? Because their costs don’t even include the greenhouse and its heating and cooling systems, and ours do! (Click here for MORE technical information about the Aquaponic Greenhouse, its components, and its integrated aquaponic system).
(Below) Showing a large (about 600 square feet) Family-style aquaponics system in a greenhouse.
In addition, we supply unlimited free lifetime technical support for all of our products! Details on our “Support” page.
In 2010-2011, Susanne developed an awesome deepwater raft plant nursery system for accelerating plant growth that puts 3.5 times as many plants per square foot of raft area into the system as “a well-known university’s” or “a well-known aquaponics consultant’s” systems do. Combined with our design for the Chinese-style Solar Greenhouse, this aquaponics technology puts 11.85 times as many plants into the aquaponic greenhouse per square foot of greenhouse floor space (this is different than raft area). Because it’s not the square footage of greenhouse that makes you money, but the number of plants it holds (and turns out each week), what’s most important is how many plants the greenhouse holds per square foot. It’s simple: ours hold almost 12 times as many as theirs do per square foot of greenhouse space!
Click here to see “What You Get” included in the DIY Commercial Aquaponic Solar Greenhouse package, and for more technical information
Here’s the approximate production from the three smallest sizes of Commercial Aquaponic Greenhouse:
- The 608 square foot greenhouse, with a footprint of 19 feet by 32 feet, holds 3,203 plants in 328 square feet of raft area and 64 square feet of sprouting table area, for a total plant density of 5.4 plants per square foot of greenhouse floor area. Plant production of 35-115 pounds of vegetables per week; fish production of 4-5 pounds per week.
- The 1,216 square foot greenhouse, with a footprint of 19 feet by 64 feet, holds 6,510 plants in 672 square feet of raft area and 128 square feet of sprouting table area, for a total plant density of 5.5 plants per square foot of greenhouse floor area. Plant production of 70-235 pounds of vegetables per week; fish production of 8-10 pounds per week.
- The 1,824 square foot greenhouse, with a footprint of 19 feet by 96 feet, holds 10,075 plants in 1,065 square feet of raft area and 192 square feet of sprouting table area, for a total plant density of 5.67 plants per square foot of greenhouse floor area. Plant production of 105-375 pounds of vegetables per week; fish production of 12-15 pounds per week.
Here’s the approximate production from the three largest sizes of Commercial Aquaponic Solar Greenhouses:
- The 3,472 square foot greenhouse, with a footprint of 36 feet by 96 feet, holds 19,038 plants in 2,161 square feet of raft area and 300 square feet of sprouting table area, for a total plant density of 5.48 plants per square foot of greenhouse floor area. Plant production of 340 to 1,000 pounds of vegetables per week; fish production of 20-30 pounds per week.
- The 4,629 square foot greenhouse, with a footprint of 36 feet by 128 feet, holds 24,213 plants in 2,784 square feet of raft area and 368 square feet of sprouting table area, for a total plant density of 5.23 plants per square foot of greenhouse floor area. Plant production of 450 to 1,400 pounds of vegetables per week; fish production of 30-45 pounds per week.
- The 6,944 square foot greenhouse, with a footprint of 36 feet by 192 feet, holds 38,076 plants in 4,322 square feet of raft area and 600 square feet of sprouting table area, for a total plant density of 5.48 plants per square foot of greenhouse floor area. Plant production of 700-2,100 pounds of vegetables per week; fish production of 40-60 pounds per week.
In addition to the fourteen sheets of CAD plans and step-by-step instructions showing you how to build the seven different sizes of aquaponic solar greenhouses (608; 1,216; 1,824; 2,314; 3,472; 4,629; and 6,944 square feet), this course includes complete plans and materials lists for the seven different sizes of aquaponics systems that fit the greenhouses perfectly.
The best way to get an energy-efficient commercial-scale aquaponic greenhouse is to build one yourself using our DIY manuals and plans package. It includes six different sizes of Commercial Aquaponic Greenhouse: the 19-foot wide, 3-trough series, which comes in 608; 1,216; and 1,824 square feet, and .
Designed with integrated aquaponics systems (they’re NOT just conventional greenhouses with fish tanks and troughs stuck in them, which is what you get from others) they are the most energy-efficient and productive growing structures the world has ever seen. If built well, and according to the plans, they are durable 30-year-plus structures just like a house is.
They are designed for extreme climates: they will continue growing year-round whether you have snow outside or 105-degree heat. They are efficiently insulated structures. They incorporate 3 sources of largely passive solar heating for wintertime use, as well as 3 different methods for low-energy summertime cooling using largely passive methods.
Although our Chinese-style greenhouse designs are perfect for extreme climates and we’d love to see you build one; we will also be the first to say they may be overkill for your climate. Because affordable construction is so critical to the success of any aquaponics operation, and we want to give you as many greenhouse options as possible, our Family Aquaponic Greenhouse manual includes information on how to build less expensive, energy-efficient greenhouses that are not only appropriate for your climate, but also for your budget.
For example: there is a whole manual section devoted to purchasing used greenhouses, disassembling them, bringing them home, then reassembling them in the Chinese configuration: oriented long direction East-West, with heavily insulated North and end walls, insulation under and around the troughs and fish tank, and energy-efficient passive solar heating and geothermal cooling technologies. If you follow these simple instructions, you can end up with a nearly new (yet still incredibly energy-efficient) greenhouse for pennies on the dollar.
We’ve been doing CAD design work professionally for 25 years, and so, the 7 “D”-sized architectural sheets of CAD greenhouse construction plans that come with your package meet Building Department requirements in most jurisdictions; although they may need to be stamped by a local architect or engineer.
When you purchase this plans package you also receive the four sheets of CAD construction plans (and materials lists for the aquaponics systems inside) for the smaller “Micro” greenhouse series of 200, 300, and 400 square feet at no additional cost . This allows you to build a small, economical greenhouse as a “trial horse” at a low cost before investing a large amount in a bigger greenhouse. This is advantageous since you always figure out improvements when you build the first one, and this will create savings when building your larger installation.
This complete DIY Family Aquaponic Greenhouse package includes our 196-page Aquaponics Technology manual; this publication includes everything we know about growing produce aquaponically, and is everything you need to know to be successful growing in your greenhouse.
Randy Campbell’s 200-square foot Generation 2 Micro Aquaponic Greenhouse in the snow in Tennessee, Winter 2012-13. Outside air was 24 degrees (plus some wind chill), air temp inside was 74 degrees, water temp 72. I turned into an icicle because I was the only one stupid enough to be outside standing in freezing sleet taking this photo (I never knew what “sleet” meant before this!)
Study Plans: the sample PDF plan sheets below can be printed on a 36-inch by 24-inch Architectural “D”-size sheet of bond at your local Office Max or Staples if you wish to see a plan sheet at full-size.
Click here to see “What You Get” included in the DIY Family Aquaponic Solar Greenhouse package, and for more technical information
Please Note: this is a downloaded product only; you can print the manuals out at your local Office Depot or Staples if you wish.