2017 Commercial Aquaponics Trainings In Wisconsin!
Our next 2017 five-day aquaponics training in Wisconsin is from January 30th to February 3rd, and will be at our affiliate’s farm there: The Krause Family’s “Windy Drumlins Farm”, in Horicon, Wisconsin. We’re excited about seeing our friends there again.
Why is this the THE training you should attend if you want to do commercial aquaponics? Because, of all the consultants and teachers offering aquaponics trainings, we are the ONLY ones who can teach you how to get USDA Organically Certified so you can get up to twice the price for your vegetables.
We are also the only aquaponics trainers who can teach you FSMA Food Safety Certification so you can LEGALLY sell more than $25,000 per year of vegetables (that sounds kind of important, huh?). Check with the others if you have any questions about whether they’ve ever gotten this certification or teach this important subject, and be sure to read up on what’s now required for farmers under the new FSMA law that went into effect in February of 2016.
We can answer all of your questions about both of these certifications, because we were the first in the world to obtain both of them for an aquaponics farm (2008 and 2009).
Where is the course, and what airport to fly in to? Email us and we’ll send you the information; you also get it emailed to you automatically when you register for the course. Why don’t we just put it here? We used to, and as a result, we had people “just show up” at the course without paying or even telling us they planned on coming! What a mess to straighten out at our first classroom break!
See further down this page for a Table of Contents of the training, and more information on these certifications.
The Training Days:
Days 1-3; Commercial Aquaponics Technology:
The first 3 days of this training is our profitable Commercial Aquaponics Technology: everything we’ve learned about growing fish and plants efficiently on a commercial scale since 2007; and it’s only $995. Click here to find out more about the first 3 days of the training.
Day 4: Solar Greenhouse Technology:
The fourth day of the training is the Solar Greenhouse day, and covers everything we know about growing with aquaponics in affordable, energy-efficient greenhouses that you can build yourself. If you know all about greenhouses, you may not need this day; however, adding this Solar Greenhouse day to the training is only $500 additional. We bet you’ll experience many times this amount in savings on the cost of building and operating your greenhouse, from what you learn in this course. Signing up for the greenhouse day also includes unlimited lifetime technical support for your greenhouse questions. Click here to find out more about the Solar Greenhouse day of the training.
Day 5; Profitable Aquaponics:
This is the fifth day of our training, and contains everything we know about making a profit with aquaponics, from selling at Farmer’s Markets to selling to Big Box stores. A CRITICAL part of this day you need to know about is our presentation on Food Safety Certification under the new FSMA law, which is required to sell more than $25,000 worth of produce a year.
We also cover HACCP certification, the certification that is required to be able to sell the more profitable products you can make, such as lettuce and salad mixes and other types of aquaponic products. You can’t make pestos or salsas, salad or lettuce mixes, or even wash your produce without this certification. You can’t legally package individual items in bags or clamshells without this certification; you are limited to selling whole head produce in boxes to whomever will buy it from you. But we’ve got you covered; we are the experts in Food Safety Certification, having been the first aquaponic farm in the world to get Food Safety Certified in 2009.
If you know all about making money and these certifications, you may not need this day; however, adding this “Money Day” to the training is only $500 additional. You also get all the slideshows and videos from the course; plus, we let you video record or voice record your course if you wish! Click here to find out more about the Profitable Aquaponics day of the training.
FOR ANY AND ALL DAYS: You get a 50% discount for each additional person who signs up at the same time, so that it’s easy for you to bring a spouse or child who is interested; this discount is given in our shopping cart when you check out. We’re doing our best to make this course affordable, and at the same time pack everything we know about aquaponics and greenhouses into it.
If you want to absolutely reserve your spot in the next Wisconsin aquaponics training, you can sign up now, and even receive all your manuals and other course materials before the course so you can get started right away (for an additional charge).
If you’re located near Horicon, Wisconsin, the Krause family gives regular free farm tours of their aquaponics systems and greenhouses to introduce the public to the benefits of aquaponics and energy-efficient greenhouse growing. Call Mark at (920) 427-6343 or email Mark to find out when the next farm tour is scheduled
(Below) Showing the inside of the Krause family’s Aquaponic Solar Greenhouse in winter with rafts full of produce.
“I did a lot of research on the other people offering aquaponics trainings nationwide. Funny thing is, a lot of them went to your training, whether they admit it or not. I figured I would rather go to the source, especially since you guys were able to get organically certified. I have also been after the business plan which ya’ll provide, which saved me a ton of work.
I also like the whole approach you guys take. Not afraid of competition so to speak, what with allowing your students to train using your materials and offer your competitors websites. Although I had already been to all of those sites, it says a lot about your integrity and faith in your product. It’s admirable and I noticed.” — Shawn Marasso, Ector, Texas, April 12, 2014, who attended our Texas Training, May, 2014.
In this aquaponics training you will learn:
- How to build and operate profitable Commercial Aquaponics systems
- How to build and operate energy-efficient greenhouses
- How to get USDA Organically Certified
- How to get FSMA Food Safety Certified and HACCP certified
- How to run a profitable tilapia and/or catfish hatchery operation
- How to build and operate the best, most energy-efficient greenhouses in the world
- (And let us take a deep breath first): water quality testing, nutrients in aquaponics systems, High and Low Density aquaponics systems, how to design your own system up to 100,000 square feet in size, how to design your own greenhouse, crop variety research; how to build awareness of you and your products through farm tours of your farm, statutory regulations affecting aquaponics, County Building Department regulations, permits required for operation, National Resource Conservation Service (NRCS) cost-sharing grants, State Agriculture Department Plant Quarantine Branch regulations, State Health Department requirements for processing vegetables, processing requirements for fish and how to sell fish, how to find and use State Extension Agents as a resource, how to set up your own website for $20, plus much more!
(Below) Susanne and a Commercial Aquaponics Farm- ours. (Some people say aquaponics just grows lettuce!)
This four-day training includes our $995 DIY Commercial Aquaponics package, $998 DIY Farmer’s Market Aquaponic Solar Greenhouse package, and new $295 DIY Commercial Tilapia Hatchery manual as course materials, plus much more! You receive $2,288 worth of DIY manuals as well as the live course, hands-on experience, and free ongoing support, which no one else in the field provides!
Held from Monday through Friday, this course is designed to allow you to get the most out of the course and not need to be away from your busy life longer than necessary. With its emphasis on profitable commercial aquaponics in energy-efficient greenhouses, is unlike any other aquaponics training available.
You receive our 122-page “Micro System” manual as a free download the moment you register for the course; this allows you to prestudy before the course so you arrive with a higher level of understanding and get more out of the course itself.
We are limiting this training to 35 persons, so that everyone will get a chance to have all their questions about aquaponics, greenhouses, and making a career with them answered; so sign up early if you want to come! We CAN NOT schedule another one right after the second one!.
As soon as you register for this course, you will receive maps and accommodations information.
And if you’re growing in the mountains somewhere in the “Snow Country”, you can use our Chinese greenhouse designs such as this one: Randy Campbell’s 200-square foot “Gen 2” Micro Aquaponic Solar Greenhouse (of our design), which is shown in the snow in Tennessee, Winter 2012-13. Outside air was 24 degrees (plus some wind chill), air temp inside was 74 degrees, water temp 72. I turned into an icicle because I was the only one stupid enough to be outside standing in freezing sleet taking this photo (I grew up in California, and never knew what that word meant before this!)
Our Aquaponic Solar Greenhouse in Hawaii! We don’t need this much greenhouse in our climate, but needed to build and operate it to understand the technology, so we could help our mainland Friends who DO need greenhouses!
Live Group Trainings Cancellation, Credit or Exchange Policy:
You must cancel a MINIMUM of two weeks before the date of the training; if you do not notify us two weeks or longer before the training, you are not eligible for any of these options. Here’s why: when you register, we absolutely reserve your spot in the training, and turn away others if the training is full. Imagine how you would feel if the situation was reversed, and we cancelled a training with no notice to you! Because we want to be flexible as possible, we offer the following options if YOU decide you need to cancel out of a course you have signed up and paid for:
1. You may elect to have us ship you the printed training materials and the downloaded electronic files that are part of the training instead of attending the training. If you elect this, you will not receive any credit towards future trainings. These DIY materials all cost the same as the trainings they are part of (or more!), and still come with unlimited support, so this is a good deal for you.
2. OR, you may elect to receive a credit towards any future trainings we may hold, in the amount of whatever you paid us, to be applied to whatever the cost is of the future training you elect to attend.
Acts Of God During Live Training Events:
In the event of an act of God during a live training that makes it impossible for participants to get to the training location (flood, hurricane, snowstorm, impassable roads, etc.), Friendly Aquaponics, Inc. personnel (Susanne Friend, Tim Mann, and affiliates) will still present all days possible of the live training. Your “Act Of God” options are:
1. To attend the days of the live training that are presented and receive the manuals, digital materials and unlimited technical support that are included in the live training, or
2. Have us ship you the printed training materials and the downloaded electronic files that are part of the training instead of attending the training. If you elect this, you will not receive any credit towards future trainings. These DIY materials cost the same as the trainings they are part of (or more!), and still come with unlimited support.
3. Elect to receive a credit towards any future trainings we may hold, in the amount of whatever you paid us, to be applied to whatever the cost is of the future training you elect to attend.