Welcome to Friendly Aquaponics!
We help people increase their independence by growing their own organic food more productively and with less work than any other method on the planet. And we’ll teach you how to do it less expensively and with greater results than anyone else. Guaranteed.
Aloha! E komo mai, e noho mai, e `ai a e, wala`au. (This traditional Hawaii greeting translates as “Hello! Come in, come sit, eat, and talk.”)
I wish we could actually sit and eat together, as every “talk story” in Hawaii traditionally includes eating together! I especially wish that you could share some of our fresh produce, as we walk around our 6000 sq. ft. of aquaponics systems. You’d be amazed at the sweetness of the vegetables! But for now, this written message will have to do.
Someday, please come to our farm, and we will walk around our aquaponics systems. You can graze on what we’re growing, and then sit in our seeding area, under the shade of our our kukui tree. We’ll “talk story” in the relaxed Hawaiian way. Or, better yet, perhaps you will invite us to visit your farm or garden! Then we’ll get to try the delicious aquaponics produce that you’ve grown!
First off, thanks for your interest in the information we offer. We’re very honored that you’ve visited us. Before we even ask you to buy anything from us, we’re going to give you a lot of information on this website. We hope you’ll find it as valuable as…
While it’s not exactly free food, it’s as close to it as we can give you. What you’ll find here is more – and better – information than you get from other aquaponics trainers in their $1,200 courses. We are happy to share it with you completely free of charge, with no obligation whatsoever. It is just a small part of our total Aquaponics technology information. And, it will give you a good idea of the quality of information we offer! Just click here for our free information.
You’ve come to the right place if you:
Want to reduce your food bill and save money.
Want to get control of your food, and always have safe food.
Want to make a good living from growing food for others.
Who is Friendly Aquaponics, and why are we unique?
- We respond personally to all inquiries. We sincerely care about your opinion and satisfaction. We strive to always be “Friendly”, and live up to our name.
- We don’t sell overpriced kits. We sell the ONLY the very best DIY information in the world, allowing you to save hundreds or even thousands of dollars, by building your own aquaponics systems from quality materials you source locally! Because we live in Hawaii, we’re at the end of a very long supply line, we’re very sensitive to the cost of shipping large items. We’re also to aware of the tremendous impact that transporting “stuff” has on our planet. So, we sell don’t sell “hardware”, only the best “software” (information).
- We’re committed to teaching you how to get the absolute most out of your aquaponics system, no matter what sized you build. We will teach you stunningly effective breakthrough planting techniques. These techniques will allow you to grow from 10-150 times as many plants in the same space!
- We also offer DIY Solar Greenhouses with integrated aquaponics systems that allow you to control your climate and grow fresh, healthy food year ’round, no matter what your climate. And our increased planting density technology makes growing in a greenhouse very economical on a per-plant basis. We are the pioneers in effective, low-cost growing in greenhouses, using aquaponics.
- We’re committed to spreading excellent aquaponics information far and wide. Our goal is to completely demystify aquaponics, so that everyone can understand. And with our information, grow local, organic food using this sustainable technology – as inexpensively as possible.
- While this website is one of the ways we earn our living, making money is not our primary driver. We believe seeking money for money’s sake makes both individuals and companies shortsighted. Friendly Aquaponics aims to make a long-term impact on how food is produced in America. Our aim is to build a company that delivers exceptional aquaponics information and passionate customer support. Our intention is always to inspire you to begin to grow your own food – the EASY way!
- In an age when customer service is often poor or nonexistent, we strive to meet and exceed all of your expectations on products and services. We offer unlimited lifetime technical support at no charge, on all of our DIY packages. This sets us apart from everyone else, and will help insure your success with aquaponics, no matter what size system you’re growing in.
- We run an honest and straightforward business. Our products are of excellent quality at fair prices, and we always ship as as quickly as possible. And you never risk a penny when you buy any of our DIY products. We guarantee a full refund of the purchase price on any of our DIY packages, IF you have actually used them. If you have built and operated a system and are not satisfied, we will refund your money in full, no questions asked. If you’re not absolutely thrilled with this method of growing the freshest, healthiest, organic food on earth, just call us and we will return your money immediately.
- If you’re interested in growing food to make money, we are the only aquaponics company that can teach you Food Safety Certification as well as USDA Organic Certification through two separate certifying agencies! In fact, we make it easy to get these certifications by giving you the forms we filled in to achieve our certifications, so all you have to do is put in your information in place of ours!
- With over eight years of experience, and hundreds of systems built by our students, all operating flawlessly, we know our methods work! Our customers say so, and we can show you how. But you don’t have to believe us, see our Testimonial page, to see what our students have to say about us! Feel free to contact us for more testimonials – we have dozens and dozens!
Our commitment in Aquaponics is to:
- Share our knowledge in aquaponics with as many people as possible.
- Develop new and profitable aquaponics applications and technology to share.
- Put ourselves out of business as soon as we can. When you know what we know and no one needs to learn aquaponics, we’ve done our job, and we can finally take the family sailing in the big sailboat that is our dream to build.
To hear the “Friendly Aquaponics Philosophy”, please watch this video:
(Below) An example of the incredible variety of produce you can grow with our aquaponics system designs.
We give you everything we know in our Commercial and Backyard DIY technology packages and live trainings. In addition to commercial aquaponic systems, we are the solar greenhouse experts (and you probably need one of those, unless you live in Hawaii as we do), and we give you free lifetime support while you’re building and operating your greenhouse and system. For your breakthrough in aquaponic efficiency, profitability, and fun, come to the source!
You can feed your family from your own aquaponics systems, from small indoor tabletop systems up to huge commercial systems of tens of thousands of square feet, using our DIY packages.
To get the “Friendly Aquaponics Picture” watch this video:
You’ve also come to the right place if you are interested in commercial aquaponics. This is the kind of thing our clients say about us and our trainings:
“I did a lot of research on the other people offering aquaponics trainings nationwide. Funny thing is, a lot of them went to your training, whether they admit it or not. I figured I would rather go to the source. Especially since you guys were able to get organically certified. I have also been after the business plan which ya’ll provide, which saved me a ton of work.
I also like the whole approach you guys take. Not afraid of competition so to speak. I like that you allow your students to train using your materials and offer your competitors websites. Although I had already been to all of those sites, it says a lot about your integrity and faith in your product. It’s admirable, and I noticed.” — Shawn Marasso, Ector, Texas, April 12, 2014.
We invite you to explore our website. We’ll do our best to point you in the make sure your experience with aquaponics is both successful and productive. If you have any questions, feel free to email Tim, or email Susanne. We’ll respond as quickly as our busy lives allow us to.
Some of the things we grow in our aquaponics systems are:
|Some colorful heirloom tomatoes. Add garlic, butter, and basil for awesome marinara!||Susanne with a huge head of green lettuce, reds and others on the raft.||Tim and Rose with dinner; these two tilapia tasted great with a little butter and salt!|